Angela West Blank
Director of Strategic Development
608-208-1131 • email@example.com
As Director of Strategic Development, Angela makes sure we have the support needed to effectively protect Wisconsin’s air, water, and land. She oversees a comprehensive fundraising plan and strategy, including: major donor cultivation, membership recruitment and retention, board and staff fundraising and training, direct mail appeals, e-fundraising, special events, and planned giving. Angela has been with the organization since 2007.
I’m a conservation voter because our families have a right to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and enjoy Wisconsin’s beautiful natural spaces.
I grew up in western Illinois between the mighty Mississippi and Rock Rivers. Some of my best memories are of taking long walks with my father and talking about our hopes and dreams for making the world a better place. Occasionally, we’d spot a bald eagle along the way: a symbol, for me, of the importance and power of nature.
My parents were teachers. My father taught geography; my mother taught English. They also taught me good conservation values, like turning off the lights when you left the room or turning off the tap and not wasting water. As a family, we took summer trips to big cities and national and state parks across the country. I still love to travel today, a love I share with my teenage son, Lew.
Back in 2007, I took one of the biggest trips of my life. That was the year my husband, son, and I moved from Chicago to Middleton. We came here seeking a better education and environment for our son and more places for our dogs, Veda and Rose, to take us on walks.
In my “spare” time, I work as Director of Strategic Development for Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters. What better place to invest my 20 years of nonprofit experience than in my new environment and in a job where I help others invest in protecting our water, air, and land for their families and Wisconsin’s future, like I have mine.
- DePaul University, Chicago: MA, International Studies, With Distinction
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: BS, Marketing and Business Administration, With Honors
- Former Development Director for the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
- Former Executive Director for the Advertising Photographers of America, Chicago Chapter
- Former Executive Director for Literacy Volunteers of Western Cook County
- Development Committee, Middleton Public Library, Middleton
- Geography, foreign language, hiking, walking my dogs, writing, travel
Favorite Place in Wisconsin
- The wooded path and natural wildlife area of Tiedeman’s Pond in Middleton