608-208-1129 • firstname.lastname@example.org
As Communications Director I work closely with our Executive Director and staff to manage and plan communications strategies. I lead our day-to-day external and internal communications activities and programs. More specifically, though, I strive to connect with people. Here at Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters connecting with the people of Wisconsin is our first priority. We seek to open clear, relevant lines of communication between you and the people making decisions about our shared natural resources – our future.
I’m a conservation voter because future generations of Wisconsinites are depending on me.
My appreciation of the natural world began as a child growing up in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains. My father, a restaurant manager, moved his young family from St. Louis, Missouri to Colorado where the mountains became our place of respite from the stresses of everyday life. Whenever his schedule allowed it my dad would pack up our rusty blue station wagon and head west. As the cool mountain air flowed over us, that stress melted away. We camped the wilderness, hiked the high trails, and fished the rivers. Those experiences inform the way I live my life – with a profound concern for the preservation of our natural resources.
When I moved to Wisconsin in 1996 it quickly became my home. Its people, its culture, and its unique beauty has held me here ever since. Living between two of the greatest bodies of water on the planet – the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River – comes with remarkable privileges. Those privileges must not be taken for granted. Wisconsin’s rich history of conservation forged by people like Aldo Leopold, Governor Gaylord Nelson, and John Muir is not only testament to the power of Wisconsin’s natural abundance, but a continuous call to action for its people to protect it.
For two decades I’ve worked as a journalist in both rural and urban communities. I’ve taken great joy in connecting with passionate people making their communities and their state better places. As Communications Director for Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters it’s my priority to ensure the people of the state understand the impact they can make as stewards of our environment, and help empower them to do just that.
- Editor of the Oconomowoc Enterprise, 2014-2016
- Publication Manager, Hibu Community Magazines, 2012–2013
- Editor of the Richland Observer, 2007-2012
- Editor of the Hillsboro Sentry-Enterprise, 2007-2012
- Editor of the Platteville Journal, 2006-2007
- Editor of the Mineral Point Democrat-Tribune, 2004-2006
- Madison College, communications, 1997-1999
- Seven-time Wisconsin Newspaper Association award-winning journalist
- Honorary Fellow, UW-Madison
- I am a news junkie who loves reading, writing, exploring Wisconsin by foot and bike, fishing the lesser known ponds and streams, bowling, gardening, brewing beer, and being thoroughly taken advantage of by my spoiled collies Gus and Macallan.
Favorite Place in Wisconsin
- Anywhere on the Lower Wisconsin State Riverway.