- 2/8/2017: Budget Acknowledges Water Crisis, Will it Deliver Solutions?
A preliminary scanning of Walker's biennial budget shows an acknowledgement that Wisconsin faces a drinking water crisis. A detailed analysis is required to see if the governor walks the talk.
- 2/8/2017: Wisconsin Misses Chance to Reduce Risk of Lead in Drinking Water
Wisconsin Center For Investigative Journalism's Failure at the Faucet series continues with an alarming look at the state's awful record on protecting children from lead poisoning.
- Conservation NOW: February 6, 2017
• Support LRB 1934: Leading on Lead
• Support LRB 0336/1 & LRB 1988/1: Expand Outdoor Opportunities for Disabled Veterans and Purple Heart Recipients
- Conservation NOW: January 23, 2017
• Support LRB 0808/1: Right to Know About Lead in Drinking Water at Rental Properties
- Conservation NOW: January 16, 2017
• Support LRB 1902/1 & 1170/1: Water Sustainability Act
• Support LRB 1086/1: Creating a Clean and Renewable Energy Task Force
• Support LRB 0138: Re-establishing an Independent DNR Secretary
- 11/17/2016: Conservationists, Hunters Call for Defense of Public Lands
Gun deer season begins on Nov. 19, and as hunters head to public lands for the season, Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters, along with other conservation organizations and activists, is determined to protect Wisconsin’s rich heritage of hunting public lands.
- 10/25/2016: Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters PAC Launches Radio Campaign
This election is crucial for conservation in Wisconsin. Clean drinking water protection, defending against privatization of Wisconsin’s water systems, manure run-off rules, protecting public lands – all of these issues, and more, require true conservation leaders in Madison.