- 9/15/2017: Testimony on Manure Pollution Rules
As drinking water is inundated with manure, NR 151 is a chance to help families.
- John Stollenwerk: Must we give Foxconn everything – even our water?
Former president and CEO of Allen Edmonds and Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters board member John Stollenwerk writes about his misgivings over the environmental aspects of the Foxconn bill.
- Conservation NOW: September 5, 2017
• Oppose SB 395: Industrial Acid Mining Bill
- Conservation NOW: August 28, 2017
• Oppose SB 295: Creating Unnecessary Hurdles to Protecting Public Health and Natural Resources
- 8/21/2017: Sen. Tammy Baldwin urges federal participation in Back Forty Mine permitting process
U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin urged federal agencies including the EPA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on Friday to conduct a review and assume permitting authority from the State of Michigan on the Back Forty mine project.
- Conservation NOW: August 21, 2017
• Oppose August 2017 Special Session AB 1 / SB 1: Exempting Foxconn from State Clean Water Protections
• Oppose LRB 2652/1: Industrial Acid Mining Bill
- 8/18/2017: Tiffany’s Industrial Acid Mining Bill is Toxic
After months of secretive deliberations with lobbyists, Senator Tom Tiffany finally released his Industrial Acid Mining Bill, LRB2652-1, to the public.
- Conservation NOW: August 7, 2017
• Oppose August 2017 Special Session AB 1: Exempting Foxconn from state clean water protections
- 7/31/2017: Unnecessary to Sacrifice Natural Resources for Foxconn
Building economic strength, creating jobs, and protecting Wisconsin’s vulnerable natural resources are not mutually exclusive endeavors.
- Conservation NOW: July 31, 2017
• Oppose LRB 2628 : Eliminating the Forestry Mill Tax
• Oppose LRB 2630: Undermining Local Control