- Conservation NOW: August 28, 2017
• Oppose SB 295: Creating Unnecessary Hurdles to Protecting Public Health and Natural Resources
- 8/21/2017: Sen. Tammy Baldwin urges federal participation in Back Forty Mine permitting process
U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin urged federal agencies including the EPA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on Friday to conduct a review and assume permitting authority from the State of Michigan on the Back Forty mine project.
- Conservation NOW: August 21, 2017
• Oppose August 2017 Special Session AB 1 / SB 1: Exempting Foxconn from State Clean Water Protections
• Oppose LRB 2652/1: Industrial Acid Mining Bill
- 8/18/2017: Tiffany’s Industrial Acid Mining Bill is Toxic
After months of secretive deliberations with lobbyists, Senator Tom Tiffany finally released his Industrial Acid Mining Bill, LRB2652-1, to the public.
- Conservation NOW: August 7, 2017
• Oppose August 2017 Special Session AB 1: Exempting Foxconn from state clean water protections
- 7/31/2017: Unnecessary to Sacrifice Natural Resources for Foxconn
Building economic strength, creating jobs, and protecting Wisconsin’s vulnerable natural resources are not mutually exclusive endeavors.
- Conservation NOW: July 31, 2017
• Oppose LRB 2628 : Eliminating the Forestry Mill Tax
• Oppose LRB 2630: Undermining Local Control
- Conservation NOW: July 24, 2017
• Support AB 371: Expanding Participation in the Wisconsin Birth Defects Registry
• Support LRB 3877: Funding Chronic Wasting Disease Prevention
• Support LRB 3971: Recognizing Climate Change
- Conservation NOW: July 17, 2017
• Oppose AB 411: Undermining Wildlife Protection
- 6/21/2017: Relief for Victims of Contaminated Wells Progresses in Legislature
The Wisconsin State Assembly passed Assembly Bill 226. The bill will make it easier for more households to replace wells contaminated with manure and human sewage or fix failing septic systems.