Wisconsin Conservation Voters endorses candidates for Spring elections
Mar 10, 2021
MADISON – Wisconsin Conservation Voters is proud to announce its endorsements for candidates running for office in the Spring 2021 election.
This slate of endorsements focuses on local candidates in local elections. Wisconsin Conservation Voters is proud to be working shoulder-to-shoulder in communities across the state to identify and support candidates whose values intersect with its own.
“Our endorsed candidates share our values: clean water, clean air, accessible public lands, an equitable, safe democracy, and the pursuit of clean energy,” said Executive Director Kerry Schumann. “We’re proud to endorse this most recent slate of local candidates who will fight for a brighter, cleaner, more equitable Wisconsin.”
The Wisconsin Conservation Voters Board vets candidates through a questionnaire, a personal interview, and research on each prospective candidate and their campaigns. For local races, Wisconsin Conservation Voters forms local committees to conduct this vetting process, which allows for a better understanding of local issues, concerns, and community connections.
Wisconsin Conservation Voters endorses the following candidates:
- Wendy Bolm, Appleton Common Council District 1
- Brad Firkus (i), Appleton Common Council District 3
- Alex Schultz, Appleton Common Council District 9
- Kyle Lobner (i), Appleton Common Council District 13
- Walt Lontkowski, Appleton Common Council District 15
- Jonathon Hansen (i), De Pere Common Council District 2
- Andrew Becker (i), Green Bay School District (at large)
- Bryan Milz, Green Bay School District (at large)
- Cindy Boyle, Town of Peshtigo Board of Supervisors Chair
- Mitch Reynolds, City of La Crosse Mayor
- Mackenzie Mindel, La Crosse Common Council District 8
- KC Cayo (write-in candidate), La Crosse Common Council District 9
- Rebecca Schwarz, La Crosse Common Council District 10
- Mark Neumann, La Crosse Common Council District 13
- Jim Swanson, School District of the Menomonie Area (at large)
- Donna Thibado, School District of the Menomonie Area (at large)
- Dana Kelley, Milwaukee School Board District 4
- Jilly Gokalghandi, Milwaukee School Board District 5
- Marcela Garcia, Milwaukee School Board District 6
- Henry Leonard, Milwaukee School Board District 7
- Darrin Madison, Milwaukee County Board District 10
- Brendan Burns, West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board (at large)
- Emily Siegrist, Village of Brown Deer Board of Trustees (at large)
- Karl Jaeger, Assembly District 89 (special election)
“The old quote that ‘all politics is local’ rings true in Wisconsin,” said Organizing and Political Director Seth Hoffmeister. “Local candidates running for offices like school board, common council, and county boards often have the greatest impact on the direction of a community. These candidates are conservation minded and are working to make their communities cleaner, healthier, and more equitable. Their dedication to those shared ideals will have a positive impact on Wisconsin’s future.”
For more information, go to conservationvoters.org/elections.
For more information
Contact Ryan Billingham, Communications Director, Wisconsin Conservation Voters, 608-208-1129 (office), 608-213-6972 (mobile/text), or email@example.com.